Thursday, June 25, 2009

No Need To Doubt

I always wonder why we feel like we can't trust God to be the rescuer of our problems and fears? He is big enough to create the entire universe, but not big enough to save us from debt or get us through a tough time in our lives?
I'm no stranger to this feeling...I've been there more times than I can count and despite my doubt, God is constantly reminding me exactly how mighty and faithful he really is! If it were us, we'd be saying "Why should I do anything ever again for someone who never trusts me anyway" or something to that affect. But not God, he is the God of forgiveness and mercy and he never ceases to show his faithfulness in my life.
When David left our family eight months ago to join the Army, I literally was beside myself and felt so alone and hopeless. I didn't think I could ever survive without the one person I had come to depend on more than anyone else in my life. My hopes were trampled several times throughout this journey and my faith in God was being tested on a daily basis. There were days where I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel and I was hanging on by a thread. But even in those dark moments, there was always a constant in my life~God! He never left my side through all of this and he knew that no matter how tough times got, I was strong enough to make it through, even when I didn't believe that myself.
Eight months ago my life was turned upside down, but tomorrow my life will finally return to normal and I can breathe a huge sigh of relief because God has been faithful to me yet again and is bringing my husband home where he belongs! Our family will finally be a family again and there aren't any words to describe that feeling. The past eight months have been hard. It's been a difficult journey, but a journey that has taught me more about myself than I ever could have imagined! God has taught me how to depend on myself, be patient, respect my husband, love my girls a little harder, believe in myself and above all~never doubt God's faithfulness in my life because he is always true to his word and big enough to carry me through any size journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment