Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Little Bit Of Heaven







Yesterday the long wait was finally over and David came home to us! I think I was ready from the moment I woke up yesterday morning because it was all I thought about every second! We got to the airport early and waited and waited for what seemed like forever and then I got a text from David saying "I'm here!" and my heart began to race as if it were the first time I were meeting him or something. The girls held up their "Welcome Home Daddy" poster and waited, and then I saw him from afar and told them Daddy was coming down the walk way. The girls ran to him and hugged their daddy long and hard and it was a moment of relief and joy. Tears started to roll down their little eyes when they realized that daddy was really here and it was amazing! Then it was my turn to finally hold my man and let him know how proud I was of him and how much I've missed him..that moment will stay with me always!






We then went to our hotel and settled in to sleep. As I lay there staring at his face, I memorized every feature as if I were relearning each one and tears began to fall down my face as I thought about how hard this journey had been and how relieved I was to be in his arms again. He looked at me and asked me if I was crying and I said "Yes, because I'm so happy that you're finally home." And he told me that he was happy too and then with a seriousness in his voice he said "I didn't think I would make it out this time." In that moment I was reminded of how difficult this journey had been for him too and that God had been faithful to both of us by finally bringing us back together, right where we belong!






Distance kept David and I apart for so long, but distance helped our love grow stronger than it already was and I won't ever take David for granted again. He's my soul mate, the love of my life, and my everything. Being with David again after so many months was a little bit of heaven and I thank God for it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment