Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Power Within

All my life I have been the "fat" kid in my family and always the subject of ridicule. It left me with virtually no self esteem and scars to last a lifetime. It also instilled in me an "I can't" attitude and I used that excuse for almost every aspect of my life. After thirty two years, I think I have finally come to that point in my life where I truly know who I am and what I am capable of in life. It's obvious that my surgery/weight loss has inspired this change, but no matter the reason, I welcome it with open arms because it is long overdue!

298 pounds was what I weighed nine months ago and I was nothing but a miserable shell of a person. I had sunk to a point of no return and I needed a life line to pull me out of the darkness or I would never make it out alive. My life line isn't and won't be for everyone because my life line is a drastic measure and has been one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, but my life line was blessed by God and it has saved my life! My results are not typical. Some people who have gastric bypass surgery do not do as well as I have thus far and I often wonder why out of all the people to have this surgery, was I one of the blessed ones to do such amazing things and reach such remarkable goals, but I have and I am SO THANKFUL for that because it has brought me back to life and opened up a part of me that I never knew existed! In nine months, I've lost a total of 126 pounds and still going! I have gone from a size 28 pants to a size 12! I have 11 pounds to go to get to my goal of a normal weight of 160 for my height! If you would have asked me nine months ago if any of this was possible I would of said without a doubt-"I can't do this!" But now, nine months later, and many goals later, I'm about to embark on my next goal-A 5k race and then sometime next year, a half marathon! I would NEVER have imagined myself even wanting to try this, but now that I have found myself again, I've also awakened the power within me and I say "YES I CAN!" Any goal I want to achieve I now believe is only an arm's length away, all I ever have to do is just REACH OUT AND GRAB IT!

THANK YOU JESUS FOR OPENING UP MY EYES AND RESTORING THE POWER WITHIN ME TO BE ALL I CAN BE AND LEARNING TO NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment