Friday, October 8, 2010

Use Me!


Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pans

I stand in awe of my savior when I look back on my life over this past year and realize how far He's brought me in my journey with Him! I came from being burnt out from church and church people, to being completely used in a church we love and surrounded by people we couldn't imagine not having in our life.





As we began our "Radical Journey" with Lifesong church, I fasted for 40 days and cut out a lot of extra distractions in my life that hindered my relationship with God. At this same time, I began to pray that God would use me in any way he saw fit through Lifesong and he has done that and more and I am blessed by it! Some women in church brought David and I a meal after I got back from Haiti in July and some other women in church brought me meals after I had surgeries and a miscarriage and it meant so much to us. I knew I wanted to "pay it forward" somehow and I asked the women how I could become a part of that ministry and they simply said "Come on!" I started helping make and deliver meals to people in need with my sweet friends who share the passion for serving others. Our ministry is called "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pans" and I just can't quite put it into words how it makes me feel to be a part of something bigger than myself! I know I'm serving God through serving others and I just love it so much! I feel called to women's ministry and I continue to pray that God would provide me with opportunities to be His hands and feet in that area! I am saying clearly, "God USE ME!" I am willing and able and it's my honor to serve my King!





I think sometimes we as Christ followers can get lost in the background and take our gifts for granted when it comes to serving God. I don't want to be that person anymore, I want to be used anywhere and anytime I can, knowing that I am giving glory to the only one who deserves all of me! Are you willing to be used by God? He can do AMAZING things through you if you simply say "God USE ME!"

No comments:

Post a Comment