Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Changing It Up

Those of you who know me well, know that I am not a great cook and don't really enjoy cooking, but we don't have tons of money and therefore, I have to cook on a daily basis. I usually cook the same things for dinner every week because I know how to cook those things, but it's become very boring and monotenous, so I decided to try some new recipes lately. I've been cooking in my crock pot a lot lately and I have an awesome crock pot recipe book called "Fix it and forget it", I highly recommend it!

I'm also trying to cut back on groceries since the price of groceries has become outrageous, so I started menu planning which is something I've never done. I really think the menu planning is going to cut back on uneccesary spending, so I'm looking forward to seeing the savings:)
I google "recipes" and just look through different recipe sites and pick and choose some recipes I think my family would enjoy then put the grocery items on my list and that's that!
Here's an example of our menu for next week:
Monday-Empanadas and yellow rice
Tuesday-Mushroom chicken and noodles
Wednesday-Picadillo and spanish rice
Thursday-Cheesy Ham and Hash Brown Casserole & Bread
Friday-Baked Bow Ties & Cheese with garlic bread
Saturday-Tater Tot Taco Bake & Salad

YUMMY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment